RSPB have stopped selling the top brands of binoculars from this week

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
Gear Guide

RSPB have stopped selling the top brands of binoculars from this week

This question is answered

It appears that the RSPB have stopped selling the top brand of binoculars as from this week as the RSPB are not offering for sale binoculars from brands such as Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski anymore. I wonder what the reasons are for that, as they are no longer up for sale anymore on the RSPB on-line shop. It's a shame as I bought my Zeiss 8x42 HT Binoculars from the RSPB 3-4 years ago approx. It's a shame as reportedly the RSPB started selling the top brand Binoculars, because of demand from there customers.

Verified Answer
  • Hi, Just to confirm the RSPB have withdrawn from selling online only. They are still available for sale in all the reserves with shops. Zeiss Leica, Swarovski, Nikon and Kowa are all available as well as the RSPB branded optics.

• Hi All,

I have just enquired with our retail team on your behalf and they have come back with a response on why these are not available on our online retail shop. 

These items had to be removed from our online shop as there were technical issues meaning the sales were not going through as expected. The team are working on amending this so hopefully they will be available in due course but no dates have been given. In the mean time you can visit our reserve shops to buy these where you can test before buying also. 

I hope this has been of assistance.

Many Thanks,

Emily 

All Replies
  • Hi-

I'll check with my inside sources for info - I see you got some feedback on Furred Bore them 

:)

S

• It's also been discussed on another Bird Watching forum as well.

• As well as FurredBoreThem?

• What's FurredBoreThem? Confused!!

• Hi, Just to confirm the RSPB have withdrawn from selling online only. They are still available for sale in all the reserves with shops. Zeiss Leica, Swarovski, Nikon and Kowa are all available as well as the RSPB branded optics.

• Well if they are still selling the top brand of binoculars in RSPB shops on reserves, why have you stopped selling them online. I can't just go on speck to an RSPB shop on a reserve as it would mean an hour and a half hour bus journey. The easiest way when I ordered my expensive Zeiss 8x42 HT Binoculars was when I ordered them online from the RSPB. It seems crazy why the RSPB have stopped selling the branded Binoculars online. I would be interested to know the reason behind that, as that descission seems very strange.

• Hi All,

I have just enquired with our retail team on your behalf and they have come back with a response on why these are not available on our online retail shop. 

These items had to be removed from our online shop as there were technical issues meaning the sales were not going through as expected. The team are working on amending this so hopefully they will be available in due course but no dates have been given. In the mean time you can visit our reserve shops to buy these where you can test before buying also. 

I hope this has been of assistance.

Many Thanks,

Emily