Bad pics of fab wildlife - part 2!

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

Bad pics of fab wildlife - part 2!

• Awwwwww!  Both a bit shy, then, Hazel?!

• Gardenbirder
    Awwwwww!  Both a bit shy, then, Hazel?!

lol Ann,  yes, just like the Cetti's Warbler I was told about that showed itself in full view on a reed  just a minute after I left the hide   lol    

• Oh dear, Hazel, what a shame, sorry to hear you missed the Cetti's.  Better luck next time (I imagine you will be back to LM in no time at all!)  With me it is Kingfishers--Mr GB always sees them and I hear about it a split second after one has flashed past.  We sit side by side but I'm always looking the wrong way!

• Gardenbirder
    I imagine you will be back to LM in no time at all! 

in four weeks time   lol

I did get to hear the Cetti's calling and  see the back of the it diving back down into the reads outside the hide area ! 

• Hazel, you will get a pic of that Cetti's yet!  Thought you might be back at LM soon.  Have you thought of buying into your usual chalet?!

And are you back up to LM over Christmas?  (We will be off to Dorset for a few days then.  Last night we heard a talk on Seabirds of Skokholm and tonight we're off to a talk on the world's largest volcano--should be interesting.  But apologies for getting off-topic!)

• Gardenbirder
    Have you thought of buying into your usual chalet?!

No Ann,  we would never buy there as the communal fees are very high and our favourite chalet was subject to serious flooding two years ago like a lot of the ones there and  had to be refurbished as it was so bad  !!!     We are staying home for Christmas as we don't want to travel then being just two weeks on from our planned stay.    

Gardenbirder
     (We will be off to Dorset for a few days then.  Last night we heard a talk on Seabirds of Skokholm and tonight we're off to a talk on the world's largest volcano--should be interesting.  But apologies for getting off-topic!)

No apologies needed Ann,  the talk sounded really interesting and tonights should be good too so enjoy :) 

• found another pic where I only got half the Jay - but nicely in focus   lol

• Robin shame it was out of focus.

This would have been nice if it had not been photobombed.

Jim

• another one ..... tricky subject to photograph but it's keeping its eye on me and the camera  lol

• Nice 1 Hazel.

Jim

• Peep-o!

• I too have quite a collection of photos that went wrong, or, I just pressed the shutter at the wrong moment...

Like this nuthatch that appears to be walking down the side of the tree stump!

• Nice 1 Mike.

Jim

• I keep finding more photos where I'm missing part of the bird  lol  

• Thank you Jim