Reflections - your photos wanted !

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

Reflections - your photos wanted !

• Got a few here this morning at LM.

Jim

• Wow you have some fantastic reflections there James.   Next I would suggest a photo of Hazy skating across too:-)

• gaynorsl
    Next I would suggest a photo of Hazy skating across too:-)

If I hadn't bought myself a new pair of Scarpa boots I would have definitely been skating round the reserve  -    on my backside   LOL 

• Of course you would have had Mike there to steady you Hazy:-)

• gaynorsl

Of course you would have had Mike there to steady you Hazy:-)

lol Gaynor,  he's a good lad but he's normally at the other end of the reserve  !   He's not a photographer so he leaves me to it when I have to hang around to get shots  !     We always meet up in the café or a hide  lol      There is a story however, when we were fishing in Australia and visited a new area of surf beach.......  we headed off towards the popular spit area and started to cross the sand .....   i was ahead of Mike when suddenly my feet started to sink and I ended up falling flat on my belly to save myself  -      Mike seeing me loaded with expensive fishing rod and tackle bag asked me to pass the gear to him before it hit the sand .......  I was left to recover my dignity and pull myself out of the sink hole   LOL        Sir Galahad was missing that day   ha ha !! 

• LOL Hazy, just read your story, well out there in the blazing sun anything could happen.  I bet you caught the biggest fish that day, they say women always do first time out anyway!!! then I think the men start to really try!!!!

• gaynorsl
    I bet you caught the biggest fish that day, they say women always do first time out anyway!!! then I think the men start to really try!!!!

Funny you should say that Gaynor......  I went on a fishing charter in Australia and was the only "Sheila" on board a boat of a dozen blokes ...  we were 50 miles offshore outside of Cairns, N.Queensland and fishing on the G.B.Reef   140ft. down with hand-lines having been given instructions from the Skipper on how to use the hand line.      Ten minutes later I felt a slight twitch on the line and started to haul up my fish ....   as you can imagine 140ft of line was a lot to pull in (hand over hand method like Sailors with a rope)   and after a few minutes and the fish diving back down to the bottom again it was proving difficult to bring to the surface as it felt quite heavy.     The men who had not had a bite looked at me,  raising their eyebrows as if to say  "typical woman" thinking I was just being a wuss .....    the 2nd mate came over, grabbed my line and started hauling up the fish .....      his attitude changed and so did the other men when the fish finally came to the surface and I had an almost 1 metre whopper    LOL       I smiled (as you do when you've conquered the cynics  !!  )   and I had my fish ..... a  Large Mouth Nannygai     !!!        Not 5 minutes later I caught another whopper but returned it to the ocean as it was not edible and called a Chinaman   !!    it was even larger at 1 metre and a lovely looking orange and black wide striped fish.      The men soon curbed their comments and even asked me (when other chaps weren't listening ...... what bait did you use ? )    LOL     the most fun I had in a day  !!    

• Good on you Hazel, men can't get there head round that a woman can do better then them and you proved it, shame about your pictures though you might get some nice one in time lol

Jim

• James

shame about your pictures though you might get some nice one in time lol

Jim

Hey  cheeky   !!!!     lol            

• Gaynor and Hazel, My Mum was a better 'fisher person' than my Dad, but she was also the one who cleaned the fish prior to preparing and serving it up for lunch!

• Great story Hazy, doesn't surprise me in the least. I have a friend who fishes now and again with her hubby, she invariably catches the first fish, he doesn't mind, after all he baits up for her and they always put them back!  

Ann that was my job too when my hubby caught fish and brought them home, not something I enjoyed but someone had to do it.   Filleted them too, and still have all my fingers:-)

• Yep, Gaynor, Well done!  My Mum did the same and never lost a finger either!

• I got this gorgeous Nutty at The Lodge on Saturday:

• One from New Brighton Marina today

• That's lovely Hazy.