The Young of 2018

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

The Young of 2018

• A mini but fully independent Pied Wagtail ... that could have gone in 'Reflections' too.

• Awww  great shots of the Starling fledgling;  I can hear the noise from here as its calling for food  lol

• You want to hear it in the garden Hazel it's chaos LOL, also having to fill the water trays up every hour, I don't know another bird who likes to bath more than young Starlings.

• lol Alan  !!   although I miss having house sparrows in the garden I think I'll pass on Starlings lol

• Crikey, I can just imagine the cacophony of young Starlings pestering their parents for food.

Haven't seen any down here yet or any other youngsters for that matter. I tell a lie. I saw one young Robin a couple of weeks ago but  he disappeared and haven't seen him since.

• I'll add this here rather than the video thread

• Starling jacuzzi. LOL

• lol Alan,   they certainly do enjoy a good bath !  

• My Juvenile Starlings have yet to appear, but I bought 2kg of live mealies this afternoon because I know they're out there!

• monkeycheese
    My Juvenile Starlings have yet to appear, but I bought 2kg of live mealies this afternoon because I know they're out there!

well, if you are feeding them to starlings they should last at least ten minutes   lol       I'm eeking the mealworms out here although are now dishing some out not just to the tit members but the GSW and the blackbirds so they are going down rather rapidly despite rationing them ! 

• I don't know about louder but things are going to get messier. I've seen a juv Goldie around a couple of times over the last few days but never when I had the camera ready. It's still a bad photo due to slow shutter speed (1/10th!), but before I could change ISO it had gone.

• The first arrival...

• hoping to avoid the 12th of August