The Young of 2018

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

The Young of 2018

• Gardenbirder
    Did you have a quick few zzzzzs while you were down there?!

No, not when there was a rather lovely Dunlin wandering about waiting to have it's photo taken too. I have nodded off in a few hides from time to time though. :-)

• Spotted this newbie with its parents above the house;  long way up but with hard cropping here's the youngster;

then he was put through his paces by each adult in turn but was even more distant then 

the juvenile is above the adult 

• Our first ever home grown Frog, all of 1 inches in length and 12 weeks old. We're so proud of him.!! :-)

• Awww, congrats on the young froglet Paul, with such a lovely abode and surroundings I'm not surprised and hopefully it is the first of many !  

• Who to feed first ?  Blackbird on her 2nd or 3rd brood  (record shots through window)

• HAZY

Who to feed first ?  Blackbird on her 2nd or 3rd brood  (record shots through window)

Decisions, decisions!

OK, who's gonna should the loudest?

It's a tough life....

• I reckon there will be enough food for all in your garden, Hazy!

• Nigel O

I reckon there will be enough food for all in your garden, Hazy!

There will be till Sunday when we're heading to Silverdale again and abandoning our garden birds   -   we will be there from Sun - Wed and Jim is there till Friday if you have a day off work and want to join the crazy gang  !

• HAZY
    we will be there from Sun - Wed and Jim is there till Friday if you have a day off work and want to join the crazy gang  !

Thanks. I have to see how things go, as I was back in hospital getting my leg re-done on Wednesday, so still waiting to see how it went. Mind you, after being bored out of my head on the sofa yesterday, I ventured out to Pennington today without issue, so fingers crossed!

Have a good trip anyway and say hi to the Cetti's for me if I don't get there!

• Good luck with the recovery after your leg op Nigel and you know where we are if you get stir crazy  lol  

• Another youngster from L.Moss  !    the dipping pond was dry in many places so a family of brown ratties were there.

think we saw more rats than birds   LOL

• Cute, even if it is a Rat. Rats deserve a life too.

My local Great Tit has had a second brood. Not sure how many there are.

• Good to see the GT's with a 2nd brood Tony,  here too at least one pair of GTs are have had 2 broods.   Lovely photo of these youngsters.

• Glad they're doing well. I suppose the hot, dry weather means many insects have had a successful year so food enough to start a second family. I have a few young tits appearing in the garden as well now (blue, great, long-tailed and even a coal) but, oddly, I didn't see any earlier in the season. As long as they're there now.

• With the warm weather and being away for a little bit the garden has been quiet, but we had a flurry of activity this morning. Gradually all the usual visitors have made themselves known.

We were pleased to see our plain little Robin is growing up and working on its red breast even if it is, like any teenager, covered in zits.