A Polite Request On Behalf Of Sarah at Starlight Trust Updated 17th October

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

A Polite Request On Behalf Of Sarah at Starlight Trust Updated 17th October

• Many of you will be aware of The Starlight Trust, a rescue organisation based in Wallington in Surrey. Sarah Argrave is involved in the rescue and care of small rodents and Pigeons. You will have seen my posts over the past few years. Sarah relies on donations to pay for food, bedding, cages, medication, vet fees and so on. She has sent me a Facebook link for an award that would provide a valuable £200.

NERS (North of England Rat Society) Rescue have an award of £200 to go to future rescues. If you are on Facebook, please follow the link below and go to the 'comments' section and then 'like' the Starlight Trust rescue.

https://www.facebook.com/nersrescuefund/?hc_ref=ARQIFS58FwUOgYQuYZy0GKNZr2HFXeloSc1VLEPVFhb5Q2X0PzKp_vM4p1g8u7I8sc8&fref=nf

Thanking everyone in advance. Please share the link with friends and other wildlife groups. This is an organisation that is very close to my heart, as Sarah has saved so many of the poorly Pidges that I have rescued over the years. I am about to take another Pidge to her in a few minutes. This one is a juvenile Blue Bar that is part of the Pigeon Mafia. It has been suffering from an eye condition, possibly mycoplasma. I have named him Basil.

Basil says hello!

• Hello to Basil and good luck to the Starlight Trust, here's hoping they get plenty of "likes".

• Found FB page & registered my 'like' ... hope Sarah can help Basil back to full fitness!

• Sorry Paul, I'm not on FB and it appears you have to sign in to an account if you want to use the "like"       Good luck to Basil.    

• Hello Basil, hope you get better soon.

• I now have a Pidge First Aid kit thanks to Sarah.

• Maybe will cut down on midnight mercy dashes on bus if you can administer emergency treatment MC!

• Hopefully.

• Sarah's 17 likes behind the frontrunner at the moment.  Let's hope she picks up a bit!

I'm not on Facebook but Limpy is and he's liked Starlight.

• Paul......  where does Sarah normally get the pigeon food, etc., from ?  Is it some donated by companies or is she mainly reliant on donations from general public ?   I suspect the latter, hence, in some small way maybe I can contribute towards the upkeep by sending some seed, or other bird treatment necessities direct to Sarah ?   I've seen an online Company which delivers good quality foods, dressings, treatments, etc.    Would it be possible to help in this way instead ?  as I don't use social media (apart from my very rare Twitterings  lol )     I can text you more details.    It may be another way for people to help who are not social media users  !

• I've been looking at that as I'm not on facebook either & Sarahs site is here http://starlighttrust.org.uk/ . It is very interesting & informative & also says if you can make a donation they get 'gift aid' on it which is presumably some sort of rebate from the state. I think that any help would be gratefully received.

P.S. It also has a wish list on Amazon so you can send the right sort of thing! Even if you buy it elsewhere!

• I "liked" Facebook link for Starlight Trust but I suspect they are not going to come out on top. Instead I made a donation directly to the Trust using mydonate which doesn't occur any charges.

• Good luck with that equipment Dr MC, and doesn't it give you a warm feeling inside to see the response being given on here, forumites reign:-)

• HAZY

Paul......  where does Sarah normally get the pigeon food, etc., from ?  Is it some donated by companies or is she mainly reliant on donations from general public ?   I suspect the latter, hence, in some small way maybe I can contribute towards the upkeep by sending some seed, or other bird treatment necessities direct to Sarah ?   I've seen an online Company which delivers good quality foods, dressings, treatments, etc.    Would it be possible to help in this way instead ?  as I don't use social media (apart from my very rare Twitterings  lol )     I can text you more details.    It may be another way for people to help who are not social media users  !

The http://starlighttrust.org.uk/ website has a 'How You Can Help' link and at the bottom of that page is an 'Amazon Wishlist' which features some of the everyday items that they need. She also purchases medication and suchlike but it is the everyday items that are essential for all of her 'guests'. I have two 12.5kg sacks of pigeon corn delivered to her every few months. That is from Croydon Reptiles who do not charge me for the delivery as Sarah is running a charity and every penny counts.

Even if our combined efforts do not result in Starlight Trust winning the £200 award, the outstanding response from you wonderful forumites is heartwarming and will be greatly appreciated by Sarah. She literally runs the charity from her front room and much of the house is given over to Rats, Degus, Hamsters and of course, Pigeons. Thank you so much!

• I've put a link in to the "mydonate" page HERE