A Blackie , Thrush's And A Cream Tea!

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

A Blackie , Thrush's And A Cream Tea!

• These were taken back in May when we were on St Martins in the Scilly Isles waiting for a ferry back to St Marys. Throughout all the islands we have never come across such tame and at times aggressive Thrush, one even did a Herring Gull impersonation and went for my pasty.

On this occasion we were having tea in a cafe garden with the remains of a cream tea on the table.

I was not going for the blackie with my fork, just protecting my cake, honest!

He who blinks first .............

Yum, yum strawberry jam, easier than real one's and cream..........

Its also good for tired feet as well.......

Come closer, but don't touch the jam ok!

Kept us entertained for about 20 mins, before the ferry back. 

• What wonderful close ups Tony and amazingly confiding song thrushes and blackbird.  Like the way its standing with one leg in both pots like it can't make its mind up  lol     Think it would be better sticking to the scone without the jam and cream  !   Brilliant photos and what an experience.

• Brilliant shots Tony the Thrush ones are stunners.

• Tony I see you are linking then to Flickr, they aren't opening for me but downloading.

• One of my memories of our visit to the Isles of Scilly was of Song Thrushes joining us for afternoon tea showing no fear about our presence. They seemed very partial to the local pasties as well,some of these were so big we probably needed their help.Top place for birders to visit.

• Alan, I'm not sure how to check this or what to do about the link. I guess the best would be to try and reset the link.

• Alan
    Tony I see you are linking then to Flickr, they aren't opening for me but downloading.

It's the same for me. 

tony
    I'm not sure how to check this or what to do about the link. I guess the best would be to try and reset the link.

I think it must depend on the way you are linking it. This is how I do it which works.

1. Open the photo in Flickr
    2. Click on the downward arrow - bottom right
    3. Choose "View all sizes". It defaults to Large but you can change it if you want to.
    4. Right click on the image and choose "Copy image address" or the equivalent in your browser.
    5. Paste this address into the "Insert/Edit Media" box in the Forum page using the YouTube or Web (URL) option
    6. You may have to click in the pane for the image to appear and then Insert.

It sounds a bit complicated but it's quite quick once you get used to it. Good luck.

Lovely close up photos of the Blackbird and Thrush. Who would have thought that the normally shy thrush would be so bold

• Fabulous photos Tony, and you certainly made some good friends there.

• I had a pastie attacked by a Thrush there as well, so surprised it flew up from the ground where it had been after the crumbs, obviously not satisfied with those it went for the whole pastie.

• Lovely photos of the Thrush's and Blackbird, they sure are cheeky! At least you were kept entertained whilst waiting for the ferry Tony.

• Thanks Tony, your instructions are exactly how I load images from Flickr to the forum, so no idea what is going on. I use a MacBook but can't think that would be any different from a PC.

The Thrush were really bold on each island we visited, nothing shy about any of them.

• That's odd. May I try posting one of your images from your Flickr photostream to see if it works?

Incidentally, you've got some nice photos there. 

• Tony, please feel free to see what happens, curious!

• Thanks, I'll pick one of your thrush photos.

There we go. Alan and others click on this pic to see if it opens full size.

• It does for me.