Hello from a science teacher and nature blogger!

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
Hello!

Hello from a science teacher and nature blogger!

• Hello everyone, I made this account to register for the big schools birdwatch, which we've been taking part in for three years, but haven't explored much further until today! I am a high school science teacher, and I think it's incredibly important to teach children, even the teenagers that I teach, about the natural world. I have an ecology degree, and am also a Local Patch Reporter featured in BBC Wildlife Magazine. You can find my blog here: http://wildlifelocalpatch.blogspot.co.uk I write posts about my own adventures and about the projects I try to carry out at school. My current theme is to rebuild / update my nature table, which I think is going to be a project for the STEM Club that I run. If you have any other ideas about nature projects I could carry out with some very enthusiastic year 7 and 8s, one of whom I have encouraged to write his own nature blog, I would be grateful if you could share them with me! Best wishes Sarah
  • Hello Sarah welcome to the community, you will find lots of enthusiastic and knowledgeble folk on this forum. I am sure they will all be saying hello and giving you some ideas. Pat

• Hi Sarah, 

You may know this already, but within the main RSPB website, there is a microsite aimed at teachers - here

There is an associated area within the community called Learning, though it doesn't seem to be very much used - however, you might also find some ideas here. 

Have had a look at your latest blog - I was in the Isle of Wight earlier this month, and saw a very confiding red squirrel at the same hide - so cute!

Sue