Birds attacking windows

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
Hello!

Birds attacking windows

• raptor-3256416_960_720.jpg
    For two days I had a Chaffinch attacking a window every 30 seconds and I began to fear for its health, a Rugby player would be sent off for a head injury assessment under far less stringent battering. I then put up a picture of a hawk in the window and it stopped immediately! If you have the same problem just print this picture and tape it to the window!
  • A few years ago I had a long tailed tit do this regularly for about a month... ah! April 2012, thanks to Google Photos!

I had no idea what it was at the time. It was extremely annoying as it went on for about half an hour a day for about a month.

• There are a few reasons why birds attack windows but you can be sure at this time of year that the bird is seeing its own reflection and, believing it to be an intruder, attacks the window.   It is recommended that if this happens, we cover the particular window up with something non-reflective. The RSPB recommend cling film or non-reflective cellophane. This should always be placed on the outside of the window. Alternatively, we can use strips of newspaper, or strips of plastic, or something else that we can find close at hand which may flutter in the breeze that may dissuade the bird from approaching the window.  Good luck!

Add Your Message Here

• Hawk simulators have been used for years and it still amuses me as I drive into Eastbourne and see the phalanxes of car dealerships each flying a tethered hawk balloon to stop the seagulls from crapping on their shiny new cars.

• Christopher G
    For two days I had a Chaffinch attacking a window every 30 seconds and I began to fear for its health, a Rugby player would be sent off for a head injury assessment under far less stringent battering. I then put up a picture of a hawk in the window and it stopped immediately! If you have the same problem just print this picture and tape it to the window!

Brilliant idea Chris