News

Tuesday, 17 March 2020

View across ponds on edge of Burrowes Pit, Dungeness RSPB reserve
RSPB Images

RSPB Local Groups Covid-19 Advice

I'm sure like all of us you will have been closely following the developments with Coronavirus - Covid-19, in these exceptional times. We have been monitoring these daily as your safety as one of our members is our top priority.

Regrettably we have now been advised by the RSPB Head Office that as a Local group we should suspend all our activities until at least the 1st of September.

The RSPB have not arrived at this decision lightly but feel in these uncertain times this is the best decision for RSPB Groups and our members.

RSPB will review the situation over time, and it may be necessary for them to extend the advice for us to suspend all our activities beyond that date.

Thanks again for all your support and hopefully we will all be able to get back to some form of normality in the not too distant future.