News archive

March 2020

Wednesday, 18 March 2020


On advice from the RSPB Head Office all indoor and outdoor events are cancelled with immediate effect, further advice will be promulgated some time in August.

Monday, 16 March 2020

RSPB Shropshire Local Group Important Notice (Corona Virus)

It is with real sadness that in light of the worsening health situation your committee has decided to cancel the indoor meetings on March 24th and April 28th. We will keep matters under review over the summer months and hope to be able to restart our programme at the end of September. Only time will tell if that is possible. Steve will be contacting the speakers concerned to see if they will be available to visit us in 2021.

The outdoor trip to Whixall Moss will go ahead for those who wish to get some fresh air. As there are no hides or facilities people will not be crammed into a confined space. Members often don't car share when we visit somewhere local so we believe the risk should be minimal if people believe they are healthy. Trips later in the year will be discussed on a case by case basis with the trip leader. People may or may not lift share, sit in hides or frequent cafes as they see fit. Alternatively, reserves may not be open!

The coach trip on Wed 17 June is also being postponed until summer 2021. Jane will be contacting the coach company and reserves. We decided a long journey on a full coach was probably not sensible. A cheque refunding your fare will be coming back to you in due course.

The December party evening is still on at the moment. If anyone runs out of knitting during any period of "staycation" you can always request additional bird patterns from Steve via this email address.

Whatever your new plans are over the coming weeks try to find some enjoyable activities to pass the time and stay as healthy as possible.
Best wishes from Jane and all your committee.