The Young of 2018

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

The Young of 2018

• love the young green woody Alan, haven't seen a GW for ages

• Haven't seen our LLTs for a lot more than a month, then we had this little poppet arrive:

It rather overshadowed our robinette hopping around on the ground.

• Lovely Ian. Young LTT's are very appealing as is the Robinette.

A very long distant shot of a young Common Crane with its parent at Slimbridge. Good to see at least one has survived although I was told there were two. Didn't see both though.

• Herring Gull.

He came swooping in on those massive wings, then he hovered for a bit before landing for a photoshoot. :-)

• Relocating from moorland to farmland before 12 August arrives.

• Very wise, Bob!  Did you point the way?!

• Here's a couple of young'uns

Water Rail chick

Young Blackcap,  similar to female, but female has reddish brown cap

Little Grebe chick

Young Goldfinch

Great Tit youngster

Moorhen chicks with mum/Dad

Moorhen juvenile

even the BHG youngsters look exotic

• Brilliant photos Terry, I've never seen a Water Rail youngster before so wonderful to see what they look like.

• Thanks Hazel, caused a bit of excitement among some of the local birders, seems that I've now officially confirmed the 3rd year of breeding Water Rail at Rainton Meadows. :-)

• turboman
    caused a bit of excitement among some of the local birders, seems that I've now officially confirmed the 3rd year of breeding Water Rail at Rainton Meadows. :-)

I bet it drew in the crowds and lovely to hear of the breeding success.     At one stage a few months back, those of who visited Leighton Moss were almost tripping over adult Rails along the pathways at Leighton Moss and thought they were going to have to re-write the books on these shy elusive birds ! 

• Great set Terry. The Water Rail chicck is really special. So different from how they turn out as adults.

• Hazel, Tony, thanks.

• Another Black-headed Gull, up close and personal.!!

Sometimes lying flat out on a stony beach can have its benefits (although getting back up isn’t great when you’ve lay there for a while)  :-/

• super photo Paul,   worth the aches and pains to get a capture like that one !   wait till you get to my age, it get's worse with addition of cramp too  lol  

• Hazel, You are a spring chicken!  You'll feel more your (young!) self after you've been to the dentist!

Terry, Love the juvenile Water Rail!

Paul, Great pic!  Did you have a quick few zzzzzs while you were down there?!