Yellowhammer!

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

Yellowhammer!

• I have to tell someone, I have just had a visit to my garden by a Yellowhammer. It was so yellow I initially thought that is was an escaped budgie, but no, definitely a Yellowhammer! I have seen them at the Loch O' the Lowes Reserve in Perthshire but never here, in MY GARDEN not far from Alloa. We are surrounded by woodland and farmland so the habitat is out there, but here in the garden, ooh, I'm so excited!!! It landed on the fence, then sat on top of the feeder pole then went back to the fence and had a peck about at the top of the post then flew away. Ah well, exciting while it lasted.
  • Well done Helen they are stunning little birds brightening up even the dullest of days, hopefully it will come back.

• Nice one, Helen. As Alan says, stunning wee birds, and such a treat to get one in your garden.

• Well done Helen, how fantastic to see this beautiful bird in your garden.

• How lovely Helen to see one in your garden, gorgeous little birds and getting fairly rare to spot one these days.  I would have been just as excited and hope you get to see another one soon.

• Great news Helen. A stunning bird which I have not seen for a long time,well done.

• Always a great little bird to see. We have struggled to find them so far this year which is quite worrying considerering we are close to arable fields, I hope the cold/wet winter has not hit them too hard.