Uploading problems: Windows 10 Edge Browser

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

Uploading problems: Windows 10 Edge Browser

• The technical problem thread appears to have been locked down a while ago so couldn't post this question there;    I was wondering if anyone else who uses windows 10 Edge Browser was experiencing problems with uploads which is not working (in my case) for uploading photos for example,  as everything freezes once the upload box appears and I can't even shut the webpage down, having to start Task Manager to close down the browser and to close the webpage.      It happened once again after the latest Win10  update yesterday but I find that other browsers like Firefox work well so it's not rspb website  !     I ran through using Command Prompt ( Powershell ) to check for faults and repair but it still doesn't work.      Only interested if anyone is using Edge browser to upload and it is working for them.    

Many thanks in advance.    

• Don't generally use it but here goes...

• Many thanks for testing it out Alan,  I'll have to try undo the latest update from Microsoft and see if that works.   Edge and Win.10 has been a nightmare lol

• This is the version of Edge i've got Hazel

Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

• cheers Alan,   thanks for your help.

• Just checked and this was the update I did yesterday which appears to be part of the patch for the 1803 that crashed my computer:

July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165)

Applies to: Windows 10, version 1803    

ps.  Out of interest it will upload a photo to Flickr.   so appears only a problem on here   !!      

• I've got that update too Hazel

• thanks Alan, I think I've narrowed it down problem with the "File Picker UI Host"      although it uploaded photos to Flickr.  it then froze again.

• Hi, I've got Windows 10 version 1803 & an update tried to come in on the 16th August (KB4343909) & it's stuck at 25%. I've tried allsorts but computer gets slower & slower. I looked on line & someone said the only way to sort it was to de-install Windows 10 & re-install. Is this dodgy for an useless person (me) to do, or do I just follow the steps? Any ideas?

• Have a read here Hazel on how to go back using a restore point..if you have it enabled.

home.bt.com/.../how-to-fix-windows-10-problems-with-system-restore-11364008291943

• I did that the other day & it came back afterwards & said it was unsuccessful. Should I try it again?

• Try it again and see if you can pick another restore point.

• So sorry you have had problems with the 1803 update Hazel, as Alan says, if you can restore it to prior date it should be ok (great link Alan so I've bookmarked it)  When I installed the initial 1803 over two months ago it crashed the whole system and affected lots of computers  I believe,  so they withdrew the upload straight away and promised the 1803 would be ready sometime mid July;   I had to get the manufacturer of my laptop and  "remote" HP assistance to get me started as I couldn't even get into the desktop (even my computer tech friend had 4 of his business & home computers crash ! )  It took 3 sessions whilst a very helpful lady tech from HP checked on the performance once the system had been reinstalled from scratch and whilst waiting for the update correction which eventually came through about three weeks ago.     Hopefully, if you find the restore point that works (if you keep going back through each one and roll back it to that date)  will solve the issue.   

As I type this I see you've tried the restore point,  as Alan says keep going back through them to see if one works.     Another thought if nothing works is do what I did, contact your computer's manufacturer and they may be able to help by taking remote over your computer and find a way to solve the problem.   My laptop was out of warranty by several months but as it was a known Microsoft fault and my laptop had been quite costly they didn't hesitate to help me fix it.      Good luck and really hope you don't have to reinstall the whole system.        One thing to remember,  when you do a major update, make sure you are always running on power and not battery if using a laptop.

• Hazel (in France) try typing in windows update in the search box,it should then open up another window with a link to view your update history,see if you can see the update that's causing the problem,there is also a link to uninstall updates click that and see if you can remove the update.

• Don't know if any links on this page will help but I'll add it just in case HERE     Alan has already covered some of them.